All Tartan homes are built to the ENERGY STAR® 2012 standards, meeting or exceeding the highest levels of certification for energy efficiency across all aspects of materials and construction. The result: owners of Tartan homes enjoy the ultimate in comfort–superior air quality, lower humidity, cooler summers, warmer winters–and save thousands of dollars annually on heating and air conditioning.
Tartan’s ENERGY STAR® qualified homes lower the cost of ownership, add comfort, and reduce a home’s impact on the environment by meeting the highest standards for:
- High insulation value
- High performance windows
- Tight construction and sealed ducts throughout your home
- High Efficiency Water Heaters
- Efficient heating and cool equipment
- ENERGY STAR® applicances (as per plan)
- Reduced on-site construction waste
Standard features in every Tartan home include:
- R50 blown insulation in the attic
- Exterior walls are insulated to R25 (R20 batt insulation plus R5 exterior sheathing) and wrapped with Tyvek
- CodeBord® Exterior Insulating sheathing reduces condensation potential and reduces thermal bridging that can cause heating (or cooling) loss
- Exterior basement walls are insulated with R20 batt insulation to the floor and framed
- Garage ceilings are insulated with Icynene foam insulation to R32 value, where there is a finished room above* making sure it is warm & cozy
- ENERGY STAR® Low E (invisible high performance coating) argon gas filled windows keep the heat in during winter and out during summer which reduce energy costs by reducing energy loss
- Low expansion foam at all exterior windows and doors plus sealed air ducts throughout the home to reduce leaks, drafts and outdoor noise
- ENERGY STAR® high efficiency 95% AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency) 2 stage gas furnace with flow-through humidifier and electronically commutated motor (ECM) meaning 95¢ of every dollar of your heating energy expense warms your home and saves you money
- Dedicated Heat Recovery Ventilation (HRV) system for better indoor air quality and humidity control
- Programmable heating and cooling thermostat to help you use energy only when you need it
- Sealed air ducts throughout the home*
- Compact Fluorescent Bulbs (CFL) (as per plan) which use 76% less energy and last 10 times longer than regular light bulbs
- ENERGY STAR® appliances (as per plan) which use significantly less energy than older appliances
- Insulated garage door
- Power Pipe: High performing Drain Water Heat Recovery unit which uses the outgoing warm drain water to heat the incoming cold fresh water*
- R10 Insulation under the concrete basement floor* making the basement warmer and allowing for more flooring choices in the basement
*Not available in JAVA units The ENERGY STAR® mark is administered and promoted in Canada by Natural Resources Canada. Used with permission. As per plan’ refers to working drawings submitted for building purposes or supplier’s plans at time of construction which may vary from models, brochure elevation and plans. Specifications may not apply to pre-built inventory prior to this release. E & OE
State of the art 2012 ENERGY STAR rated high efficiency furnace with 2-stage burner, power humidifier & ECM motor maintains proper moisture levels.
Heat Recovery Ventilation (HRV) system improves indoor air quality by drawing fresh air from the outside while recovering heat from the inside.
High quality, heavyweight, extra strong 40 year profile architectural shingles.
Low expansion foam at all exterior windows & doors plus sealed air ducts throughout the home reduce leaks, drafts & outdoor noise.
Programmable heating/cooling thermostat to help you use energy only when you need it.
ENERGY STARŪ rated windows with a high performance invisible coating that keeps the heat in during the winter and out during the summer.
Compact Fluorescent Bulbs (CFL) use 76% less energy & last 10x longer than regular bulbs.
Exterior walls are insulated to R25 value which is achieved by a combination of BATT insulation and exterior foam insulation sheathing.