As one of Ottawa’s most established home builders, Tartan Homes offers fulfilling careers in this exciting industry–including positions in sales to design centre consulting.
Construction Estimator – New Home Design Centre
Tartan Homes seeks a qualified construction estimator to work at our Design Centre in Ottawa. The role will primarily include estimation and pricing for custom upgrade selections, but will also involve maintaining the extensive database of standard extra pricing, dealing with purchasers as they make upgrade selections, as well as some clerical duties.
- responsible for completion of all custom upgrade estimation
- liaise with Head Office construction department and trades as required
- give guidance to design coordinator with regards to custom pricing
- work with dc coordinators and clients, as needed, to offer information during the upgrade selection process
- ensure that design coordinators and clients fully understand the implications of any construction-related changes and/or selections
- manage and update design centre upgrade pricing database
- produce and manage design centre upgrade customer booklet
- assist design centre manager with issues pertaining to the status of the design centre showroom including keeping samples and color boards updated
- assisting the design centre in any other capacities
- report to the design centre manager
- minimum 2 years’ experience estimating in residential construction, ideally with a tract builder
- excellent computer skills: proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of Builder MT and Timberline is considered an asset
- works well in a team environment
- able to work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to timelines
- able to deal with customers and explain estimating and construction issues in an informative and friendly manner
This is a full-time position. Tartan offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send your resume and cover letter via Indeed Jobs. We thank all who apply, but only qualified applicants will be contacted.